This page was exported from We Hold These Truths
Export date: Tue Feb 20 21:14:43 2018 / +0000 GMT
Dr. Steven Sizer, How Neo-Christianity Promotes War
Editor Charles Carlson introduces a fresh new paper or Christian Zionism: The Heresy of Choice for Neocons, by our respected friend. In it Dr. Sizer provides six results of this 20th Century believer's heresy that we should be able to clearly see being played out in the Israel/Palestine occupation.
Sizer: Christian Zionists have shown varying degrees of enthusiasm for implementing six basic political convictions that arise from their ultra-literal and fundamentalist theology:
- The belief that the Jews remain God's chosen people leads Christian Zionists to seek to bless Israel in material ways. However, this also invariably results in the uncritical endorsement of and justification of Israel's racist and apartheid policies, in the media, among politicians and through solidarity tours to Israel.
- As God's chosen people, the final restoration of the Jews to Israel is therefore actively encouraged, funded and facilitated through partnerships with the Jewish Agency.
- Eretz Israel, as delineated in scripture, from the Nile to the Euphrates, belongs exclusively to the Jewish people, therefore the land must be annexed, and Palestinians driven from their homes and the illegal Jewish settlements expanded and consolidated.
- Jerusalem is regarded as the eternal and exclusive capital of the Jews, and cannot be shared with the Palestinians. Therefore, strategically, Christian Zionists have lobbied the US Administration to relocate its embassy to Jerusalem and thereby ensure that Jerusalem is recognized as the capital of Israel.
- Christian Zionists offer varying degrees of support for organizations such as the Jewish Temple Mount Faithful who are committed to destroying the Dome of the Rock and rebuilding the Jewish Temple on the Haram Al-Sharif (Noble sanctuary of Al-Aqsa).
- Christian Zionists invariably have a pessimistic view of the future, convinced that there will be an apocalyptic war of Armageddon in the imminent future. They are deeply skeptical of the possibility of a lasting peace between Jews and Arabs and therefore oppose the peace process. Indeed, to advocate an Israeli compromise of “land for peace” with the Palestinians is seen as a rejection of God's promises to Israel and therefore to support her enemies. Link to full Sizer story
Editor CEC returns to comment: We found Dr Sizer's paper in a Russian publication, and we wonder if you readers know why? I say it's because every Russian has some inkling that the war attitude actively promoted in Washington D.C. towards Russia, Korea and even China finds its largest support in the Christian Zionist notion that these countries are enemies because they have supported Arab countries and Persia, therefore, are war candidates. Help Steven Sizer and We Hold These Truths promote peace.
Post date: 2018-01-16 17:42:42
Post date GMT: 2018-01-16 17:42:42
Post modified date: 2018-01-16 17:53:38
Post modified date GMT: 2018-01-16 17:53:38
Powered by [ Universal Post Manager ] plugin. MS Word saving format developed by gVectors Team